Friday, September 6, 2013

Inter-Faculty Games (IFG) 2013: Netball


Last Saturday, Team Science competed with Team School of Computing, Engine, Law and Dentistry for the preliminary round. Team Science won all 4 matches and became winner for this group. Team Engine was the runner-up in the group. The winner for the other group was Team Arts and runner-up was Team Medicine.

I didn't play for the first match with SoC until the last quarter. This is because my shooting accuracy wasn't very good during training therefore need better ones to pull up the gap for the scores before letting others in. However, when I was up for the last quarter with SoC.....same thing which happened during my Nationals in JC and last year's IFG happened again. All of a sudden, my shooting accuracy is back! My shots were 100% for that last quarter. All o my team members were surprised. For those who participated with me last year realized that this happened last year too. I'm glad that I'm back!!!! Hahahhaa....I continued to play for the next match with Team Engine. It was a crucial match as Team Engine is strong. We fought hard and won them by 1 point! ^^ Then it was with Team Law and Dentistry, they don't really have experienced players so it was easy for us. However, I've to say that each player fought really hard throughout the game. It was a good play with them! 

I ended day with a runner's toe on the left and my right big toe bled again. My net burner is just kinda small for me at the front. I didn't have any problem when I wore it for jogging. I guess it's different for training....Anyway, everything ended at around 4-5pm and I was so drained by then. The sun was scorching that day but lucky for my sun block, I didn't have any sunburn. 

Last Sunday was then the semi-finals and finals. The winner of each group was to compete with the runner-up of the other group. So, it's Team Science against Team Medicine and Team Arts against Team Engine. Team Medicine was quite strong this year. I think it's partly due to their faith and confidence that they have with each other. I didn't play for this match at all because I just feel that my mind is not stable enough and I'm really scared that my shooting accuracy will go haywire too. Team Science fought hard but still lost to Team Medicine and this lost the 1st and 2nd place. 

Then Team Science is up against Team Engine for 3rd or 4th place. We won Team Engine previously by only 1 point so we didn't take the match too lightly. It turned out that 1 of their best player wasn't there on the 2nd day of IFG and we were kinda relieved? Hahahaha....My other GA who played the 4 quarters against Team Medicine was tired and had an injured toe too. Therefore, for this match, I went in and played for the first quarter to try out my shooting accuracy. Apparently, I was stable enough and turned out well! I played throughout the 4 quarters and of course in the end, we won Team Engine by about 5 points(?). I can't really remember because during the matches, I don't look at the score so that I can focus better and not get too STRESSED OUT. 

AND YAY~~~~ Team Science clinched 3rd for Netball Inter-Faculty Games 2013. Each of us will be able to get a bronze medal and an IFG bear. The IFG bear is cute okay! I got one for last year, I hope it will be of a different design, if not I can get some other faculty's IFG bear.

Last year's IFG bear
Ain't it cute? 

I'm quite happy that my wish came true, especially so because it's already my last year, before I graduate. When I was informed that I'm in the team for this year's IFG, my target was to get into at least top 3. Team Science was only 1 point away from 3rd place last year therefore I have faith in Team Science that we can get at least top 3. And......*HURRAY* WE DID IT! ^^ The closing ceremony for IFG will be held end of this month and it's also the time which I will get the medal and the bear~~~ ^^

The PJ'10 netballers came down to support both last year and this year. Last year, it was just cheuk yiu and yuxin, this year, joy came along too. I couldn't recognize AT ALL. At the start, I was thinking maybe she is just a friend of theirs who came along to support and watch the matches. At the end, they came closer and once I had a closer look at her, then I REALIZED IT'S JOY. Maybe it's her spectacles....because how can I forget someone who worked so closely with me on court for almost a year back during the JC days? :)

PJ'10 netballers with me, the only 09 batch

No comments:

Post a Comment