Saturday, August 17, 2013

Taiwan trip 2013

Longest trip I've had till now. I personally think that going for overseas trips should at least last for 10 days. Since you already paid for the flight, might as well stay there for a longer period of time before flying back right? This will make the air ticket more worth it, isn't it? ;) 

This time round I get to visit more places in Taiwan as compared to my previous Taiwan trip. There's still a lot more to see in Taiwan. I do hope I can visit the other places in the future. 

What does traveling means to me? Previously, all I think about is to play, eat and shop till drop. Now, I tend to focus on having new experiences and looking at things which I hardly get to see in Singapore. For example, the old shophouses with a tinge of vintage feel along the streets in Taiwan, scenery of the mountains, lifestyle of the people at the suburbs/countrysides....

I've been living in a city for 21 years and counting. It's crowded with people everywhere, high standard of living, fast-paced lifestyle and lastly, a stressful place. I'm not implying that I dislike living in a city, rather, I'm glad and fortunate to be a city-kid. I get to enjoy the convenience from transportation, to living, shopping and many more. However, like I've mentioned earlier, I want to have new experiences while traveling. Therefore, visiting a suburb or countryside will definitely give me a lot more new experiences or even insights than a city. 

Suburbs/countrysides will have their own entertainment in the day and night. Most of the time, you will be able to see pretty and magnificent sceneries from the Mother Nature in these areas too. 

Being able to live in a totally different place while traveling is a good way to have a change of lifestyle and relax at the same time. Although I've to admit that sometimes I can't tolerate bad living environment. Like when I went OBS back in sec 3, I think I almost died while camping there. It's already sooooo tired after the whole day of activities but before the nightfalls, I've to finish cooking dinner and setting up the tent. It's really a chore to setup and pack the tent. Maybe I was still young and can't tolerate some tough jobs back then? Now that I've took up some part time jobs during my holidays and able to tolerate how tough jobs can be, maybe I'm now mentally stronger? I won't complain as much as I do back then?

Other than personal experience, being able to travel with my friends is also something that I adore. My travel buddy for this taiwan trip is, qinning. Traveling 16 days with her also means that I have to live with her for 16 days. This gives me the chance to know her even better although I've known her for about  6 years....:) 

Me and my travel buddy, Miss Quah Qin Ning, aka, QQN. 

Fun Facts of QQN, She:

1) Only eats SUPER COLD and CHILLED drinks, fruits, cakes, bread, and I think whatever you don't put in the fridge that can be put in the fridge, she will put them in for few hours before eating it. Chilled fruits to us, are just fruits she won't eat. Her definition of chilled fruits is: fruits which are taken out from the fridge/freezer just when she wants to eat it. Yeah....that's how particular she is. And this applies to everything that she wants it to be chilled. 

2) Tends to ponder a lot before buying something she likes. When she decided to buy something, 1 minute later after her decision, she might just tell you that she don't want to buy it. 

3) Loves to DRINK. I don't mean drink as in alcohol but drink as in milk tea, juices, MOST OF THE TIME, it's ICE BLENDED. She can buy drinks before or after a meal. Ice blended is her favourite especially so when the weather is warm. Plus, there's something which I don't understand: she can drink so much of 'soft' drinks and not plain water but still stay good and healthy. On the other hand, I'm the one who will start to drown myself with plain water each night when I get back to the hotel but still feel unwell. WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!?!?

4) She likes chilled stuffs so much that she can have ice cream after meals for desserts every time. The 7-11 stores in Taiwan sells many kinds of ice cream which we've never seen before. She just love 'em all! Everything looks so good for her that she always will take some time to choose which flavour of ice cream to get. Furthermore, good things have to share, right? Therefore, she will try to convince me to get the ice cream from 7-11! I've never tried the ice cream from 7-11 in Taiwan although she told me to because I would rather spend them on some other interesting stuff. I can tell you, she is just FASCINATED by the ice cream there. Yes, that's the word, FASCINATED. I'm not exaggerating okay, it's the TRUTH. A FACT. That's why I named this part, 'Fun FACTS of QQN'. 

Okay, I guess that's all I can think of right now. I'll update this part if I remember more of it. So to those single gentlemen out there who want to know more about Miss QQN, please look out for this space to get to know more about her! :D 

She's the girl on the right of the photo~~~ o.<

No comments:

Post a Comment