Sunday, June 23, 2013

My 21st II: Surprise, Surprise!!! ^^

Friday, 21/06/2013:
I had a surprise dinner from NAKED! I wasn't expecting that although qinning did tell me way before June that she will gather everyone for my 21st because I didn't organize a party for myself. I thought it was just a dinner with her since Kim's restaurant was having a "discount" and I have yet to try it. She made up that lie because she originally wanted to dine in at Swee Choon. However, that's like a mission impossible because it's a friday night and we need a table for 10. It's very smart of her....I didn't think much about why she wants to change venue. 

Anyway, when we walked into the restaurant, she was in front of me and suddenly she turned right and chose that place to sit. I was quite confused because I didn't know we can just choose a place like that.....I thought we need to inform the waiter or something? The moment I walked it, I saw everyone at the table looking at me! *SURPRISE* Yes, I know, I was very calm......but I'm surprised. Really. I guess this is me? I'm not that kind of person who gets high or crazy easily even if the superstar I admire is right in front of me. I'm serious. I didn't cheer much when I attend SHINee's concert. The only time I will get high is......at the theme park with all the screaming and when I'm drunk. HAHA. 

I really appreciate it! It's difficult to gather so many of us together, I'm glad that so many of you came! :') Delicious dinner (I LOVE the topokki, onion(?) pancake, japchae and the side dishes! Too bad I have a cough so can't enjoy the spicy food comfortably. I know, I was coughing quite badly :( ), great company and lovely presents - that's just what I need to make up for the boring day at work! 


These are really YUMMY! I had the original and double chocolate chips! Gonna go try the
others next time! Durian, cheese and green tea sounds good!
My first small bag! There's always a first to everything! ;D
The kind of dress and colour which I was hunting for it high and low for quite some time already....
this dress has a great fit and very flattering too! :D
The masks to pamper myself! :D
 The card, specially designed and handcrafted by qinning, filled with the wishes you guys have for me!
According to qinning, there's another dress, which I've already guessed it correctly and is also what I wanted! :D
Thanks! :D

And yes, so many of you flying off for exchange soon, this is indeed the last few gatherings in a while. For those going exchange, HAVE LOTSA FUN and CREATE MANY WONDERFUL MEMORIES THERE! Just keep this in mind: #YOLO, 'You only live once!' (qinning's favourite quote and motto) and #YOYO, 'You're only young once!'. So go ahead and do whatever you want, don't be afraid to change but instead, embrace changes. HAHAHA, I hope I can succeed the challenge I gave myself too, just want to have change since I'm already 21 O.< *fingers crossed*

I'm glad that we still make the effort to meet up once in a while to have fun and enjoy good food together. I hope we can continue to do this? I know everyone will be even more busy in the future, even so when we start to work. I think it will be  quite good to see how each other have grown and changed. And yea, slowly, we will get to bring our partners to the gatherings and it will be even merrier? HAHAHAHA, I know, I watched too much drama already. 

Reminiscing our JC days, talked about things which some of us remembered while some has forgotten and what's not. I had a great night despite the haze and cough. I hope you guys felt the same too. 4 years and counting. ^^

PS: I miss their toppoki already, especially the sauce! I've never eaten authentic korean toppoki before, that was my first! I've tried toppoki from the stalls at bugis which I think it wasn't authentic and the sauce wasn't as nice as Kim's! 

No comments:

Post a Comment