Sunday, June 16, 2013

My 21st I: The First

14 June 2013 is the day which I'm officially an adult, my 21st. Well, truthfully speaking, I don't feel different that day. To be, it's just another birthday for me. However, since I'm officially an adult, I was thinking I should do something crazy. Something which I've never done before, like a change for me to start this new chapter of my life? I have yet to decide what to do, will update again. 

Anyway, this is how I spent my 21st birthday. I had dinner with shunyu and yingjie at Ootaya restaurant and chill a bit at the mall. Nothing special, just a simple dinner and chat, which is good for me. It's the accompany that matters. They actually prepared a surprise for me but FAILED! Hahahah, partly because of me luh. 

I woke up quite early on the 14th and saw I have 4 missed calls, 2 each from shunyu and yingjie. Then shunyu left a message telling me to check my doorstep in the morning. I went to the door and saw nothing when I opened the door. Then something struck me: they called me at 11pm close to 12am on the 13th and they left something at my doorstep which I can't find it. So they came all the way to my house and was supposed to surprise me with the present??!?!? Apparently, my handphone is on silent mode and I was asleep by then.......O.O I then messaged shunyu to ask where is the thing at they left at my doorstep because I didn't see anything. They actually hide it near the potted plant which I can't see it from the inside of my house. So sweet of them! Sorry that it's a wasted trip though. I really appreciate it. 

After the present hunting, I went back to nap all the way till 4pm. I wasn't feeling well with all the coughing and sore throat. The medicine I ate was really strong and I felt drowsy just 5 minutes after I had it. By the way, I took off for 14th because I don't want to work on my birthday! Such a boring job will just make it worse! After my nap, I prepare myself for the dinner at Tim Ho Wan. We reached there at around 7pm and the queue is SO FREAKING LOOOOOOOOONG. I think if we were to queue, I doubt we will eat our dinner at 9pm luh! So we decided to just find somewhere else to eat. All of a sudden, ALMOST ALL the restaurant at plaza singapura have at least 10 people queuing. I'm serious, no joke. We were really hungry so we don't want to queue any longer. We had no choice but to walk to orchard central which is more ulu and hoped that we can settle our dinner without much queueing. AGAIN, we saw long queues over there. Ootya restaurant had a reasonably "short" queue, so we queued for it. I think we spent 45 mins queueing before we get our seats. Luckily there's 2 groups in front of us who left (I think), if not we have to wait even longer. =.=

Pork katsu don for dinner, kinda too salty for me, very filling though.

We ate our dinner and I got my 2nd present from them. Oh, actually they gave me a card while queueing for Tim Ho Wan before that. Although the present they got wasn't the design which I wanted but it's still pretty and I love it! 


These are the presents I got on 14th! Okay, except for the necklace. The necklace is from my parents, I chose it together with my mum on the 9th but I only start to wear it on the 14th. I always wanted to have a own a necklace given by someone who is very close to me and my wish is granted! I will wear this faithfully and take good care of it. It means a lot to me. 

Next, it's the watch which is from my sister. I think she noticed I wear watches which have the vintage feel. This is my very first watch with genuine leather and the rime is bronze in colour which I think gives it a vintage vibe? I love it too! ^^

Can see YELLOW items in the picture right? Those are from jiaying, shinfen, shunyu, tzumi and yingjie. All of them are my very close friends which I've known for MANY YEARS. 8-9 years for jiaying, shunyu and tzumi, 6-7 years for yingjie and 2 years for shinfen. Though I only know shinfen not long ago but we had a memorable trip to taiwan which meant a lot to me beacause it's my first trip with my friends. Through that trip I got to know her more and I really hope there's more overseas trip in the future. The wallet is the one I'm talking about. I wasn't really looking at this design but it's still pretty and is in my favourite colour. I'm already using it! I was intending to buy the wallet which I wanted from Charles & Keith after I'm back from Taiwan but now there's no need to already....Anyway, from the picture, can see the other yellow stuffs is the measuring spoons which I can use for baking and there's another function too. These measuring spoons can be separated  and act as clippers for chips. So clever of the designer who designed this. Haha, they made a mistake here too, I blogged saying I wanted measuring cups and not spoons. They end up read it the other way round, well, these spoons are useful too, so thanks!!! In the middle, that's the card. To be exact, it's more of a scrapbook? Just that it's a printed version with photos. I was impressed by tzumi's photoshop skills, it's NICELY DONE. I never thought she know how to use it although she said her bf also helped with the photoshop part. The scrapbook and their messages brought back A LOT OF MEMORIES I had with them. I'm glad I have them as my close friends and will definitely cherish each and everyone of them. A good friend doesn't come by easy, what's more for a friendship which lasted almost a decade? I hope we can all be like this in the future, 5, 10, 20 or even 30 years down the road. I don't want to end up like my mum who lost contact with all her friends already.

It's indeed a memorable 21st for me, with the failed surprises and restaurant hunting  due to all the long queues. Some other incidents happened that night which I don't want to talk about it here. My 21st, that night, it ends off with: No matter what happens, I have friends like them which I can rely on. I want to be a friend which they can rely on too. :') 

Today, 15/06/2013:

I had breakfast with zenia at lot 1. We had long john sliver because I've never tried their breakfast before. It's really so much better than their lunch/dinner menu. It's filling and worth the money too. I had turkey bacon sandwich. It was yummy though it's kinda oily. :X 

We met at around 8.30am! Early right? This is because zenia had to give tuition at 10.30am and wasn't free in the afternoon and sunday too. Well, meeting friends for breakfast on a saturday morning is something new for me. And she gave me my present too. It's something which I wanted to get online but I find it kinda expensive too. 


THIS IS A MACARON KIT!!! I had a hard time piping the macarons so I guess this will help? *fingers crossed* I can't wait to use this since I have some leftover ingredients from the other time which I failed quite badly. The problem is I need to find time to make this delicious, pretty, dainty and cute pastry. This pastry not only need patience, accuracy but also TIME, A LOT OF TIME given that it's so humid in singapore. Yes, humidity will affect this pastry. It's best to make them in an air-conditioned room in singapore which I won't get a chance at home, DUH. Nevertheless, I shall succeed during my next attempt with this kit! I SHALL AND I WILL! :D 

After the meet up, it's still early so I went to jurong east to check out the new mall - JEM. It's really like another mall in town! You can find Robinsons, Uniqlo, H&M, Marks&Spencer, Topshop, Topman, Victoria Secrets, Sephora, Muji, Courts, Kinokuniya, Lovisa, Charles&Keith, MANGO and many more big brands! They wanted to create a mini-orchard road in Jurong east. I thought I was in town, I guess they did it? The restaurants over there are those you can find in town too, Ding Tai Fung, Bangkokjam, Marche, Paris Baguette, Sushi Tei and many other new restaurants which I never heard before. Like Laksania? I think I reached JEM at around 11am and left the mall at around 2pm? I did some shoppings *OOPS*, really can't resist with the GSS going on but not much really, just 3 items. I find JEM is quite interesting and there are many things to see over there. It's not just another mall to me. You can go have a look yourself and you will know what I mean.

Oh and I ordered a Canon camera online, through Gmarket! I just feel that if I'm gonna take pictures with the 7.2/7.4MP camera which I have currently or with my phone camera, I will be very 对不起我自己. The purpose of going on an overseas trip for me is to experience and I would like to use photos to keep a memory of that experience. If the photos are not clear then I don't see how they are going to keep a memory for me. I kinda regret for not going to the IT fair last week. Oh wells, I hope this camera will be good enough for my trip. The reviews given on Gmarket is really good and the price is within my budget. It's called Canon PowerShot SX500 IS and costs $289.99 with $13 shipping fee so it's a total of $302.99. It comes with a GSS special package which includes a camera bag, compatible battery, screen protector, cleaning cloth and a 32 GB memory card. Not bad right? Can't wait to get my hands on it.......^^

No comments:

Post a Comment