Saturday, June 8, 2013

Busy me!

Haven't been blogging for quite a while because I'm so busy......with what? A JOB! Yes, finally found a job! I was looking for an office environment job because I have never experience it. Most of them require at least 3 months of commitment but I can only commit 2 months as I am going on a holiday before school reopens. Therefore I was really happy when I got a call from Breadtalk that I got the job. They didn't interview me since they need people to work ASAP. 

It's a data entry position at the procurement department of Breadtalk headquarter. Their HQ is at Tai Seng which is super far from my house. I did hesitate if I should take up the job due to the distance. However, since no other company wants to hire me, I accept it in the end.

It's a 9 to 6.15pm, 5 day work week job. My duty (yes, a singular because that's a fact) is to key-in invoices into their system. I just need to fill up the correct supplier name, date, items purchased, correct branch and print it. THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO DO. Basically, it's a no brainer kinda job. It's really tiring for the first 3 days but thereafter, I got used to it.

Can you imagine, from 9am all the way to 6.15pm excluding toilet breaks and lunch break, I have to look at the computer, type in the codes and make sure it's all correct? This is very tiring for my eyes! Ever since I got this job, I don't have problem getting into sleep like I did before when the holidays have yet to start. Now, once I hit my pillows, off I go to la-la-land. This is how tired I am.

The people there are quite nice and I have no problems working with them. After my 1st week of joining them, Breadtalk shifted their office to a brand new building beside Sakae Sushi HQ, which is opposite Tai Seng mrt station. This new office is really big and so much better than the old one. It is more convenient for me since I no longer need to walk all the way in to get to the office building from Tai Seng  mrt station. 

This is a part time job so if I work, I get paid, if I didn't, I won't get paid. Therefore, it is quite easy to get off day as long as is reasonable. :D 

Although this job is REALLY B-O-R-I-N-G, I still think is a good experience for me to be able to work is such a big company. Before this, I didn't know Toastbox, Ramen Play, Ding Tai Fung and Food Republic are all under Breadtalk. So, can you imagine the profits this company earns yearly? And not forgetting the other branches overseas too....I hope I can learn new things and my job will get more interesting as day pass by? Hahahaha, very unlikely but since I'm stuck with this job for another 1.5 months, I shall think and stay positive. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment