Friday, June 1, 2012

Working at Al Dente

Yesterday was my 7th day at Al Dente, I'm slowly getting the hang of it. But I dunno why.....ever since that incident happened, whenever it get's a little busy, I'll definitely make some mistakes here and there.....

And so, what's that incident? It was a saturday, there were many reservations and walk in customers. It was crowded for both indoor and rooftop. I was working on the rooftop that day. So one table of caucasians were finished with their food and drinks. After clearing their plates and cutleries, I decided to continue to clear their wine glasses. From far, I can see that most of their wine glasses are empty. I wanted to just clear them 2 by 2 using my hands. But in the end, I decided to take a tray with me and clear it using the tray. I placed 4 wine glasses on my tray and when I was reaching for the 5th glass, I think I didn't realize as I bend my body, my hand which was holding the tray start to tilt too. And one wine glass came falling down.......it landed right behind a customer on his chair. I was shocked to see that scene. I can still remember it vividly, the details and all. Some glass bits even went to the customers's slippers. I immediately clear the glasses away and luckily my colleague came to help me. I cleared those big glass pieces and he used the broom to sweep away those smaller ones. I apologized to the customers a few times and asked him if he's hurt or what. He was so kind...still smiled at me and said he's alright and everything is fine, it's okay.....I felt so bad. Why did I even stop and get the tray? If I didn't do that such a thing won't have happened. 

Now I kinda hava a phobia when using tray to send or collect stuffs. I'm really scared the same thing will happen again. Now I only stop at 3 or 4 mugs on a tray and I never use trays to collect wine glasses.....it's just too scary. 

From then on, I made mistakes here and there when it's busy. Like yesterday.....I met this customer who keep on asking me questions till I lose focus on what he wanted to order. I have in mind that he wanted pumpkin risotto...but I left out the part in front. He ordered veal shank on pumpkin risotto and not fungi on pumpkin risotto that I keyed in. In my mind, there's only pumpkin risotto, I never thought of veal shank. *sigh* this caused a great trouble for one of the full timers who helped me to settle it. Then things doesn't go smoothly from that point onwards. 

I took order for a group of chinese and when I'm back from clearing some other table, another full timer found a problem with that group of chinese. I was like.....not again? Did I do something wrong? The full timer went down immediately and after attending to the group of chinese. She came back and told me about it. The chinese ordered an all meat pizza which consists of beef but they told the full timer they can't eat beef so have to go down to the kitchen and settle this order. But the full timer did ask if they inform me that they can't eat beef and luckily they said the truth. They didn't tell me so I just go ahead and place order for the all meat pizza. 

Then I think with all these, my mind is kinda freaked out and mentally tired. The machine printed out a order of 4 tiger beers and I didn't see the table number and told the bartender to make it. Then after when they realized no one ordered that. We went back to check the table number for that order and saw that it was the previous batch of customers. That machine will sometimes print out orders for the previous tables etc. So......wasted 4 mugs of tiger beers......T.T

Tomorrow is a saturday and I'm working! I seriously pray hard that I won't make any more silly mistakes. If not, I seriously just go bang wall already......

No comments:

Post a Comment