Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Free = bored???

This week I only need to work on friday and weekends, so from monday to thursday, I AM SO FREE. Thus, I used this time to finish reading  步步惊心. I finished it this afternoon. This is only part 1 so gonna go borrow part 2! But have to resort to booking the book as is impossible to borrow it off the shelf.

Things accomplished:

1)  步步惊心 part 1
The book is really exactly the same as the show, scenes just appeared right in front of me as I read the book. This proves that the show is really a success, I can still remember it vividly.

Since the job at Al Dente is not stable, like this week only 2 working days for me, so I decided to find another job which has a higher pay. Through a uni friend, I got a job at ascotts raffles place. It is a hotel, I will be working as a server like what I did in Al Dente, just that is a French restaurant. My friend, Lina, went to work today and she said is quite relaxing as is not busy. Basically zuo bo and get paid. It's a freaking $8 per hour, $2 more than Al Dente! But I won't quit my job at Al Dente, gonna have these 2 jobs and work through my holidays! I'm having morning shift at ascotts and night shift at Al Dente, so they won't clash. For weekdays, both places won't be busy so I can work both day and night I guess. But for weekends, Al Dente will be busy, so I won't take the risk of working in the day too.

The reason I want to do this is because I want to earn more money and gain more experience this holiday. I want to learn as much as I can so that I won't waste my time away. And furthermore, I'm still young, need to make full use of my energy now before I get old. :)

By working, I also gain another benefit which is slimming down. I know that this slimming is short term but better than nothing? Haha, easy and not tiring, don't need  to persevere also. Haha. And I mean it, once I start to work at Al Dente, I lose 1-2 kg. Maybe because I have lesser meals on certain days and at the same time, I stand most of the time, so hardly sit down like what I do when I study. SO THUMBS UP!!! Haha......hope I won't gain it back when school starts. But I doubt it won't.....:(

Although I don't need to work from monday to thursday, I still have to give tuition on monday and wednesday but that's only in the evening. Tomorrow going out to have lunch with shunyu and yingjie since yingjie can't make it on thursday. We going starbucks to have lunch and chill! So long never go starbucks le....what you know what? We going the NUS branch.....cause I have tuition at 3.30pm and shunyu have to rush home to prepare for work too....so gotta find a branch that is nearby so that yingjie can send us home asap. Good to have a car around.....then thursday supposedly to celebrate my birthday with shunyu, but end up the part timers are meeting michelle for lunch and we intend to go vineyard to find michelle on that day too. Since she is not working, she ask us to collaborate with others and have lunch together. So yeah, thursday having lunch with michelle and other part timers, then maybe after that can catch a movie or something.

Shunyu told me she gives me a warranty that I will be very happy at the end of the day.....seems like she is planning something and I really dunno what is it. Or maybe I am just sensitive? I just want to spend the day with my close friends and yupp....that will do....need not be any surprise or what......just a simple one will do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment