Saturday, February 18, 2012

Recess week! :)

Today marks the start of my recess week! Actually nothing to be happy about as it's a study week, need to prepare for my 3 upcoming mid term tests. I must really study as much as I can and get the best out of this mid term in order to pull my CAP. Hais....life in university is really not easy. I have to sit for tests which is counted after 1 month of learning and then final exams after 2-3 months of learning? Seems like there's no time for me to consolidate....unlike in secondary school and JC. Before O and A level at least there is still time to make mistake and learn from it. Now? If you were to make mistake, there goes the marks....seems like the only time I can make mistakes is when I do my tutorials and practices if I have the time.

Red monster came today! Worst still, I got cramps....:( what a great way to start my recess week. At least I didnt get it yesterday, if not I won't be able to go for volleyball training. Hais, can't go changi airport with shunyu and yingjie to for stay over already...sian...I was still looking forward to that the whole week.....*totally ruined*

Michelle got transferred to barossa at holland village on wednesday. I had my IT1006 mid terms on wednesday, so thursday was sort of free so when to visit her since it was near my campus. It has been a long time since I last see her in person. I think the last time was oct 2010? When I went to barossa at esplanade to give her her birthday present? I had a nice chat with her although it was a short one. Seems like she is able to get me a part time job for my coming holiday. If possible, I would like to try too. The restaurant she is working at is called Al Dente , an italian restaurant at esplanade. There's a roof top dining area too. And she told me, just on Valentine's day, her team collected a revenue of 10k in just one night! 10K! She told me she feel so proud of her team and had a great sense of achievement that day. When she got home that day, which is already 2-3am? She moment she sat on her bed, she was knocked off till the next morning! This was how tired she was.....at first I was thinking of finding an admin job for holidays since I never done admin before. But, working with michelle is really fun and I can get to learn a lot of stuff from her. So I guess working again with her for the coming holiday won't be a bad idea? I can learn how to open up too? Since I will be working in the service line? See how it goes then.....I think I think too much liao, midterms have not even started and I am thinking about holidays.....-.-

I've been trying to save up as much as I could these day. And when there's any bursary that I'm applicable to apply, I will go for it. The reason is to prepare a sum of money if I can go for exchange program in the near future. I did tell my mum about it but seems like she is not convinced that I am capable to go there live and study alone for 1 semester or even 1 month for summer program. Actually, I am also not sure if I can. But I just have this mindset that since I'm already, 不可以也要可以. Even there's lots of problem, I have to overcome it and make things work out? Easier said than done? Hmmm......

Sometimes, how I wish I can have a cheerful personality, be friendly and approachable so that I can make friends easily and I won't be afraid of being alone. Is it possible to change personality? It takes time but possible right? And how to do that? Many people say just be yourself and you will be alright. But is that really true? What if your personality is really affecting you to make friends? Are you going to stick to it till the end? A small change will be better right?

Why am I like that? My sister and brother are unlike me. My brother seems like getting more and more quiet these days. I hope he won't be like me. I told my mum to take note of that. Did I inherit this from my dad? Because my dad is also a very quiet person....but personality is not heritable right?

I shouldn't be thinking too much, have to focus for my mid terms. Yep, focus on my mid terms. Focus. Focus. Focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment