Friday, January 6, 2012

Universal Studio Singapore!

Just came back from a whole day of FUN! I shall now blog about my HAPPY day!

We met at around 10am at walked over to resort world by the bridge. It was a bright and sunny day, perfect day for such an excursion! We booked the tickets online, so we don't need to queue up and buy the tickets. We just proceed to the entrance and there we go, the FUN begins! I didn't expect there will be so many people since it's a weekday and school holidays are over. But I am totally WRONG! There were many people queuing to buy the tickets when we reach the entrance....lucky we bought it online.

So, we went in and took photos of the nice buildings. We saw Joker on the way and since the queue was short, we took a photo with him. We saw frankenstein too, but the queue was really long....didn't get to take a photo with him. We went on and our rides began.....

1st: Transformers
At first I thought it is a 4D show, so only the chairs will move and we need to wear the 3D glasses. But turned out, it was a mini roller coaster ride! It was awesome! The effects are very real, up till the extend that I can feel the heat when there's a fire ball right in front of me! How's cool is that? I was really amazed by it. Then I can feel the wind when I'm in the sky flying. Too bad we didn't go for 2nd round.

2nd: Battlestar Galatica (human)
This was so SHIOK! But is kinda scary as there's a lot of droppings and there isn't a handle in front for me to hold. I had to hold onto the seat instead. The locking part was only at my thigh areas, nothing at my upper body. Nevertheless, it was SHOIK!

3rd: Battlestar Galatica (cylone)
This is the best ride for me! I like it the most! The most scary part was the first drop when it started since it went upwards to its maximum. It was fast, there's 360 degree turning which isn't scary at all as it slowed down when it turns. I screamed with all my might throughout the ride, that's the way to go right? It was SHOIKNESS x1000000000000000.....

4th: Mummy returns
This ride is very exciting, the backdrop wasn't as scary as we thought and there's 2 drops throughout the ride if I remember correctly which makes it exciting. The effects are cool too.

After that ride, we went to the locker to take our bags. We were suppose to pay $9 for it, but we were so unlucky. The machine couldn't process and we couldn't make payment. After a few tries, it turned out that because 20 mins is almost up so the machine kinda went haywire and thus the error. So we have to pay extra $2, kena cheated! So in the end, we paid $11 for the locker. It was lunch time and we went Hollywood China Bistro for lunch. While we were on our way there, we saw BETTY BOOP! I love her so much! SO VINTAGE! Haha, of course, we took a picture of her. SO PRETTY AND CUTE! Anyway, we had set meal for lunch. The set meal costs $12++, it comes with an appetizer, main dish of your choice, soup of the day, 1 side of your choice and a dessert of the day. It was a filling lunch, it tastes good too, worth the money.

5th: Madagascar Ride
This ride is a family ride, is a sit through the tunnel. Nothing much. But there's a surprise at the end. There's a waterfall and we though we will have to go through that and get drenched. But luckily, we didn't the waterfall make way for us!

6th: Airway in Far Far Away land
This is the dragon roller coaster ride. It was fast, totally not scary at all.

7th: 4D shrek adventure
It wasn't very fantastic, the entertainment level is more for children as the 4D effects are not a lot too. They should add more effects to make it more interesting.

8th: Waterworld
The show was GOOD! The effects, water spraying, explosion, funny storyline and the real stunts from the performers were great! We sat at the green area, so we are expected some spray. The blue area at the front are for those who want to get SOAKED. Yes, I mean it, SOAKED. They just spray water with pails, watergun and water spraying from the jet ski during the show! Little water for me was kinda refreshing for such a sunny day. At the end, we took photos with the performers too.

9th: Treasure Hunt
This was a relaxing ride, just sit through and look at the scenery.

10th: Lights, Action....something.....
This is a show hosted by Steven Spielberg. It's a show that showed us how a scene in a movie can be made in a studio. We went into the studio and the scene was a level 5 hurricane. The props were VERY REAL! With all the wind, water and FIRE. Again, I can feel the heat. The falling of props from the ceiling were so sudden and the impact was really big. The props were big and heavy metals, so the water splashed like nobody business when it fell into the water. It was as though there's a hurricane right outside the building (the set was in a building). I was also amazed by how the walls of the buildings got torn away by the hurricane. Cannot miss this!!!

11th: The band
There's this 4 foreigners who acted as retro singers. 3 of them were handsome caucasians and 1 of them is an asian. They sang songs live and danced right in front of us. They were really good performers, funny too! 1 of the caucasians got A LOT of facial expressions. Funny! Before their performances, there's a queue to take photos with them, we went to queue too. But....we were to unlucky, the group in front took the last shot with them as they need to perform. Hais, didn't manage to take photos with them! They are really cool, cute and handsome! They are really perfect (quoted from jiaying) because they look good and can sing and dance well. Really wonder how and where did USS get to find these kind of people to do this performing job? 

That's about it, we left about 15 mins to 7pm after the band's performance. So we walked around and take photos as much as we can before leaving the place. I think it's worth the money as the rides and performances are of high quality and did not disappoint me. They amaze me! 

We had dinner at Secret Recipe. All of us had chicken lasagna. We ordered and shared chocolate banana and white chocolate macadamia cake. So long never eat secret recipe's cake liao! NICE! I got this ben and jerry's voucher which I wanted to use ever since I got it last year. Finally! Can use it. We bought 2 small cups, New York Super Chunky Chocolate and Toffee coated chocolate ice cream. I prefer the new york's flavour. First time eating ben and jerry's, nothing special leh.....maybe we didn't order their bestseller. I had so much good food today! *satisfied*

We went to the bridge after that, found a place and sit down. We chat all the way to 11pm before going home. ^^

Other than having a trip to USS, what makes me happy today is because I actually got my GEM module for just 120! I was quite worried at first because I missed the open bidding session, so I didn't manage to see what's the minimum bid before close bidding starts. I just place 350 as my bid and hope that I can get it. There's 370+ bidders but there's only 350 vacancies, so have to make sure my bid is higher than the 350th. LUCKILY I GOT IT! YAY! No need to headache for modules any more....now I just need to ballot for my tutorials time slot.....^^

Lastly, my new iphone case finally came! Gonna start a new year with a new iphone cover. The printing of the picture is not that good, I hope I won't need to change one half way through the year.....but still, love the print! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment