Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

Today is christmas eve, nothing much for me when it comes to christmas. My family don't celebrate christmas so we don't have gift exchange, the most only a sumptuous dinner which I think is good enough. Later on, I'm having a BBQ at the void deck area with my relatives from my father side in the evening. It's quite some time since we have a family gathering, maybe because all the kids are grown ups. I hope I will have a lot of things to chat with my cousins. I don't know why we like don't have much things to say when we grow up. We used to have a lot of fun when we are together. Weird. 

Yesterday I went to the student care which I gave tuition for their opening ceremony. They are no longer called 'Gifted Learner's Student Care' but 'Rayydie Learning Studio'. At first I thought it's just an opening ceremony and a lunch provided, but didn't expect the centre is also having a christmas party that day. It was fun, able to see so many children performing short skits, singing and dancing to christmas songs. This year's christmas is indeed a different one for me. The skits and dance movements are all came up by the children, the teachers are just there to monitor their behaviours. I think the children are really creative, I don't think I will be able to come up with such dance moves at their age and not even sing and dance in front of so many people. I think letting children to enroll in such student care with all these activities are really good. The children not only can learn new things and have new experiences but also at the same time make new friends from different age groups. When they grow up, they probably won't have much difficulties making friends and will have the courage to try new things. Unlike me....:(  

So.....I not only had a free lunch but also a christmas present. Although is just a tin of biscuits but is the thought that counts. I really appreciate the principal for inviting me to the party although I am just a tuition teacher there who don't know much students in the centre. 

Tomorrow is christmas, also my sister's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SIS! No activities planned for tomorrow, I guess I'm gonna slack my day off on christmas......

The day after christmas is a public holiday, I'm having a family gathering at my aunt's house (mother side). It will be fun I guess? Cousins there are closer to me, we will have a lot of things to chat about. Good food, good accompany is just what I need. :D

Once christmas is over, that means in less two weeks time school will start for me. My results for the first semester is really very bad, I MUST BUCK UP. If not I really don't know how am I going to graduate. Shihui, please don't waste the school fees, it's in thousands per semester! 

Let's talk about my short getaway to pulau ubin. It was relaxing but too bad the weather is not good. It rained throughout our stay.

1st day:
We had lunch at tampines food court and went to cold storage to get 

This was our dinner for the 1st night 
This was our lunch for the 2nd day

We were very budget, so gotta to resort to this. Not everyone will be able to accept this for lunch and dinner, so I guess shinfen, shunyu and tzumi all have the same mindset. I think this is good as there will be less disagreement between us.

We board the ferry and arrived at pulau ubin. It was bright and sunny. We decided to not waste money and so walk to the resort. It's a 2.2km walk with all our barang-barang. It was OK at the start. Like I said, it was bright and sunny. But don't know when, dark clouds arrived and the sky starts to get gloomy and IT RAINED! We were again, with that 落魄 mode, like the one we had in Taiwan. No choice, we opened our umbrella and continued walking. 

Since it's raining outside, we couldn't go anywhere so we stayed in the room. We were not bored AT ALL! We got saboteur, bridge, monopoly deal, 四色牌, STRESS, snap JACK to play throughout the night. Also, we have 'tea' throughout! Haha, the 'tea' here is actually water. We slept at around 2am and woke up at around 8.30am the next day. 

2nd day: 
We left our room at 9am for breakfast. They have a complimentary breakfast for each of us. It is not buffet that kind, so only have one set to each of us. 

Self-made milk tea (I added creamer and sugar to the tea)
Breakfast! Not bad I would say for such a resort.....
Brought the butter and jam home for our lunch that day

It was drizzling after our breakfast, we didn't go kayaking as we scared the rain will get heavier which will be such a waste of money. Hence, we went to have fish spa. This was our first time doing fish spa. The experience was a traumatizing one for tzumi! She was so scared to put her feet into the water for the fishes. Shinfen, shunyu and I were afraid at first, but after a few tries, we were used to the ticklish feeling. We only have 1 hour for that and went to touch the fishes. There's big and small stingrays, some fishes in the area. Now, it's shunyu who don't dare to touch the fishes. Weird, tzumi dares to touch......Oh and we went for our free lunch after that. During the fish spa, a family is checking out so they won't be able to use their free lunch coupon and thus gave it to us. *SO HAPPY* But there's only 2 coupons, so 2 of us shared one plate of the spaghetti and went back to the room and continue our lunch with the beans and bread. 



And what did we do in our room? We had a nap and continue with games before heading to the hornbill restaurant for dinner. This hornbill restaurant is actually the same one for our breakfast and lunch. We wanted to have a proper dinner since is our last night at pulau ubin. We had 3 dishes with rice. The portion is small and is expensive as compared to those zi char we had on main island. 

Honey chicken
Hotplate tofu with egg
Kailan with oyster sauce
And the 4 of us cleared all that in just 15 MINS! :P

After that we went back to our rooms for games. We slept at a later time that day since is our last night. Before we sleep we put on mask! This is my first time doing 'facial' with friends! Haha. Indeed, a relaxing holiday! 



3rd day:
The day that I received my results. It stated that my results will be released at 9am sharp. But, a SMS woke me up at 7.44am. I reached for my iphone and without doing anything, I can see all my results. I was contented with it, as I expected it will be worst. But once I know my friends' results, I start to feel useless? sad? It was also their first semester, but how come my results are not even there as them? I really wonder why, the problem lies in me I guess. Many things happen once I start university. My mind starts to fill with things that bother me day and night. I guess that's cause me to be unable to focus and study. I can feel it. But I just cannot control my mind and stop thinking about it. But I guess no matter how much I procrastinate my results won't will shoot up like that. I have to start and do something about it. I really pray hard that 2nd semester will be better for me. 

We woke up late that day and went to have breakfast. We reached the restaurant at around 9.45am and the breakfast stops serving at 10am. When I passed the coupon to the person, her face like shocked. I guess they already stopped the service and now have to come up with 4 sets of breakfast. It took them sooooo looong to get the breakfast ready for us. Actually it was suppose to be the same but I guess they ran out of ingredients? So they gave us a different one.

There's meat! 

After breakfast, we went back to our rooms and pack up to check out. We walked back like how we walked to the resort from the jetty. AGAIN, it was OK at the start and then it started to rain AGAIN! @.@ But luckily, it is just a small shower and the sun came out. We went back to the main island and the first thing is to have lunch. I think we were deprived from good food so quite a few meals that all of us agreed to have McDonalds. I ordered fillet-o-fish, upsized with twisters fries. I JUST LOVE TWISTERS FRIES! Because every mouthful of that fries is just so fulfilling!

After lunch, we chat for hours! We starting eating at around 1pm plus? We left McDonalds at around 4pm! We slept through our MRT ride home and I was just in time for 娱乐百分百.

Although it was a short getaway, but I had fun. It was relaxing and with good accompany around it was even better! 3D2N is just nice! Definitely will head to a new place for the next holiday! I hope the same accompany will still be there and able to go for holidays together! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment