Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

15/06/2011:
It was my off day, went out with tzumi and headed to town. Earlier on, we bought a deal from groupon, it was to have a Cherry Snapper Fish n Chips meal at Manhattan Fish Market for just $6 instead of the usual $13.90. Such a great deal!!! We head over to the Central and had our lunch there. It was my first time dining there, the fish was not bad just that it had a really strong fishy taste as compared to long john sliver, maybe is because of the fish they use.

Definitely worth the price of $6 but not $13.90.....

During payment then I realized tzumi is treating me for my birthday. Got another birthday treat! Haha. Thanks!

After that we went to chinatown to stocked up our 'stock'. The 'stock' I'm referring to is the Facial Moisturizer Lotion which we bought from this shop in people's park complex. This lotion is REALLY GOOD! When we first visit the shop the last time, the shop owner introduced this lotion to us. It helps to keep our face moisturized and thus will look and feel like baby skin! If you don't believe me, try putting some on your hand and see the difference by comparing the part after applying the lotion and those which you did not apply. You will definitely feel the difference just by touching it! Not only tzumi and I think it's good, even my mum tried using mine and think so too! So that day, I bought 2 bottles back home, heehee. Tzumi bought 1 too but she bought another item which is suppose to help her to slim down her face. Let's see if she can successfully slim down her face with it. The Facial Moisturizer Lotion costs $25 originally, we got discount from the seller and got it at $22 per bottle and each of us even got one facial mask for free. I got 2 masks from him the last time for free. They are great. The shop is situated at Blk 32, #03-1020 People's Park New Market Road Singapore 050032, operation hours is from 1pm to 8pm. I even called the shop owner, steven to check if there are stocks for the lotion as the last time we came the stocks just arrived after being OOS for some time.


Will continue to use it for as long as I can.......unless there is something better than this
Then we headed down to The plaza singapura to watch a horror movie - Laddaland. It was a thai horror movie, NC16. This is really so much more scary than insidious. But it was not very nice as there isn't any plot, so a bit meaningless. I prefer insidious as there is a plot.

We then went to 313 to for window shopping, everywhere we went, we will see the word 'SALE' since it's the great singapore sale. I gotta control as I need to save money for my taiwan trip at the end of this month. I was controlling well and I started to be unstable once we stepped into the MANGO shop at 313. It was have a GREAT sale, discount was up to 50%!!! Everyone inside is like busying squeezing through each other and getting what they want. The queue for fitting room was VERY LONG, it stretched from one end of the shop to the other end. Tzumi was looking at some clothes and I looked at their bags as I need to get a bag for school/play. I need a bag which has a long shoulder strap, big enough for me to put lots of things and something that is versatile. I saw this black tote bag on the shelf and took it. It FULFILLED  ALL 3 POINTS mentioned above. I was so happy and had a peek at the price........EVEN HAPPIER! It was supposed to be at $99 but due to the GSS, I can get it at $59. GREAT DEAL! But now the problem is, the versatility. The fact that it's black, to me, it's versatile. But it doesn't go with the dusty pink shirt dress that I was wearing that day. I am very particular about a bag being versatile with all the clothes I have, so I took some time to ponder whether to buy it or not. We went to F21, New Look and finally back to MANGO. After the last look, I decided to BUY it. I think it's really difficult to find a bag that fits my needs perfectly, so I have to buy it. Furthermore, it's on discount. I did checked with the sales person over there and they  say there is a light brown colour for this bag but we couldn't find any on the shelves, so no choice. I got the black one. At the counter, I saw my MANGO wallet which i bought earlier this year as this branch too. It was also on sale. Tzumi grabbed it and prevented me from looking at the price but I insisted. OMG......*jaw-dropped* It was going at $19!!!!!!!!! But I bought it at $35......=.= Felt so cheated. But one thing to console myself is that the one I bought is flawless. Because can see very clearly that there are some scratches and black markings on those which are going for $19......

I hope I won't regret buying the tote bag, because of the versatility....but truly speaking the design is nice, just that the colour doesn't suit the shirt dress I wore that day.


16/06/2011:
I had a gathering with lilin, shunyu, yingjie and yunqi at holland village's swensen. It's not only a gathering but also a birthday treat for me. Thanks for the meal! I had the curry baked rice pasta and went for the set meal. The soup of the day was mushroom soup and for the choice of ice cream I had the blackforest. Other than the meal, shunyu made a very nice pop-up birthday card for me. They all written their message for me too.




17/06/2011:
It's my duty that day. I was surprised the first thing I came in for work. My 'godma' was busying doing web order and I was by her side helping her to call some supplier. Out of no where, a present popped in front of me while I was still on the phone. My 'godma' said, 'This is for you.....your birthday (I'm not too sure she said this, but I am sure she said the word birthday)' I was like....WHAT?!?!? How come she know it was my birthday a few days back? Then all my question marks suddenly make sense. Earlier on, on the 14 june on my birthday, I sort of had a conflict with her which made me feel guilty too. On the 15 june, it was my off day, so didn't meet my 'godma'. So I was expected some nagging and questionings from her when I'm back on the 16 june. But to my surprise, not much noise from her. And now, on the 17 june she gave me a present. This shows that she knew my birthday was on the 14 june and she also felt guilty for treating me that way on my birthday, so maybe that's why she gave me a present. But the question is, who told her it was my birthday? It wasn't shunyu or michelle, it must be wan then......

Anyway, her present....right. It was o...k....but I don't know if I have a bad impression of her that's why I think that she is treating me like a dustbin. She gave me this 5ml of perfume and a koala bear wearing 'I LOVE AUSTRALIA' top. I smelled the perfume, it was exactly the same smell that I find in her bag. The 5ml perfume must be a freebie or a sample she got. She don't want to waste it then give it to me. The koala bear must be from her daughter who just came back from australia. All this makes sense right? Hais, or is it I am thinking too much......but anyway, it's her sincerity that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment