Thursday, May 26, 2011

3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th dental appointment

11/04/2011 (3rd):
Not much difference from the last one. I extracted 3 teeth from on the right. The process is much faster maybe the dentist knew that I went through this the previous time so didn't go easy on me. In the end I think he didn't give me as much anastasia as compared to the last time so I felt some pain during the injection.

18/04/2011 (4th):
Happy day for me as I finally get to put on my braces! I found out that the brackets are actually glued onto my teeth. The dentist apply some transparent liquid (some sort of glue i think) then slowly one by one glue the brackets on each on my teeth. Then she put on the wire and ask me to choose the colour. I pointed purple on the colour palette. The coloured ones are actually bands which tie the wire onto the brackets. The whole process took about 30 mins and I'm out. I had to buy interdental brush to keep my teeth clean as food might stuck in between my teeth which are unreachable with just toothbrush. So from that day onwards, after every meal if I manage to go to the toilet I will definitely clean my teeth with the brush.

04/05/2011 (5th):
The dentist discovered that my upper left wisdom tooth is out and lower left wisdom tooth is grown horizontally. She advised me to get them removed as the one at the bottom is not easy to clean as my toothbrush will not be able to reach it since it sort of hidden and short too. If decay happens, then it will be undesirable furthermore I am having braces. Thus, my 5th dental appointment is actually the consultation for the extraction and surgery for my wisdom teeth. The top one is out so just a normal extraction will do but the bottom one is still hidden thus need a surgery. The surgery includes cutting the gum, cutting the tooth into pieces, remove them and stitch the gum back. Since it is a surgery after all, so there's risk too. The risk is having 1% of hurting and damaging the nerve at my chin permanently. I can pay the whole treatment by using my parent's CPF.

25/05/2011 (6th):
I had the surgery today. I didn't feel any fear or worry about the surgery as it seems just another extraction of teeth, just like the ones I had for my braces. But the setting is so much different from those sessions I had for braces.

Once I layed down, they double checked the teeth I am extracting and gave me anastasia. And I realised they gave me a lot more this time which is good too. And now the differences came in. They placed a green cloth (just like those you see on tv when there is an operation scene) on my body and another on COVERING my face, but of course there is an opening at my mouth. Then they started to extract my upper wisdom tooth since it is easier. The dentist pulled and the tooth came out immediately. Now the difficult one. The dentist tried pulling it but to no avail. No choice, he had to cut the tooth into a few pieces. How he cut? He actually sort of 'saw' my tooth with three 'cut'. The sound was so loud, it was going 'e...ee....e...e...e.....e..e....e.....eeeeeeee' (just read the alphabet) in my head, vibrating at a high speed. After the three 'cut', they started to remove and pull out the different pieces of my teeth. Throughout the 'cutting' of my teeth, my eyes were closed, there is no way I can open my eyes. After all the noise, they cleaned up my wound and started to stitch it back. I peeked through the cloth as there was an opening at my mouth there. I saw the long string that is extending from my mouth to the hand of the dentist. The dentist's hand went in twice and the nurse cut the string. And everything is done in about 15 mins? I sat in the recovery room for about an hour or so and left the place. I have to go on soft diet for the whole week and have to go back to remove the stitch one week from today. I got the list of medicine which I need to collect from the pharmacy. I thought is just one or two medicine, but turned out to be 5 types. Yes, 5. 2 types are pain killer, 1 for inflammation, 1 is an antibiotic and there is 1 bottle of mouthwash for gargling.


And these are my wisdom teeth, see the different pieces from my lower wisdom tooth. The largest one is my upper wisdom tooth which is a whole.


I wonder how they will remove my stitch next week.......

No comments:

Post a Comment