Sunday, August 17, 2014

Spirited Away

I watch this for the first time when I was in primary/secondary school. I still can remember clearly that I watched it on kids central/okto and was really fascinated by this anime.

This movie is the first that left me such a deep impression such that I still can remember the storyline and the different scenes clearly in my head. I guess this is really special hence I can remember it so clearly.

I saw an introduction video when Walt Disney dubbed it with the english and one of the producers said that if America has Walt Disney, Hayao Miyazaki is the Walt Disney for Japan. I think this is so true. Out of so many films of his, I only managed to watch Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro and Ponyo. Although they are all interesting, Spirited Away is still the best of all time.

Recently, I'm watching this korean variety show - Roommate. In the latest episode, half 4 of the members of Roommate went to Taiwan for their 100 days anniversary. They went to 九份 and mentioned that the streets and the grand teahouse there are featured in the movie. Then I realised it looks similar. I went to google about it and saw this article that made a few comparisons.

Here's the link:
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/12/18/【photos】-taiwans-jiufen-the-real-world-inspiration-for-studio-ghiblis-spirited-away/

I went 九份 before but I didn't visit the teahouse. 九份 is such a huge place. There's a lot of things to see and eat over there. It's a pity that when I went, I went there during midday hence didn't have a lot of time to explore the place properly. I will definitely go there again if I can! It's the scene in Spirited Away! OMG. Why didn't I research properly before going 九份.

Here's the link for the movie:
http://www.animeplus.tv/spirited-away-movie-online

I'm sure you will enjoy this movie as much as I do. I've watched it twice! Will watch it again when I have the time. I think before that, I may go check out Hayao Miyazaki's other films. I'm sure they are good too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment