Thursday, December 26, 2013

AIESEC Global Community Development Programme - 台南 ,台灣 - Week 2

09/12/2013:
It's a Monday! This means that it's "每周一句日". I have to share a sentence with the whole school after their flag raising ceremony. Oh ya, they only have flag raising ceremony on Mondays. So for other days, they will just gather in their classrooms and class will starts at 8am, So....I was the last to be up on the stage after all the announcements by the teachers. What did I share? Well, I was thinking I should share a short sentence that is easy for them to remember but at the same time meaningful. Then...."You reap what you sow." came into my mind. :) All thanks to 09S01. ^^ 

10/12/2013 - 13/12/2013:
Everyday I have to be in school by 8am and will leave at around 5pm. I share about singapore's culture, sit-in as teacher assistant during English lesson and teach English almost everyday.

I have shared about singapore's flag, position on the map, the 4 races in Singapore, how to say "hello" in the Malay and Tamil and the varieties of food for the 3 main races in Singapore.

As for English lessons, I taught them ABCs and Colours. 

14/12/2013: 孔庙,文学馆,赤崁楼
Hanson had English classes in the morning so we had breakfast at a cafe called Miss Banana before heading off to send him for his English class. I had honey crepe which was not bad, it's flour, so it's definitely to my liking.

After sending Hanson off to his class, my host parents sent me to 孔庙. I spent quite about 1.5 hours at the temple. It's another historic site and there were a lot of old historic items being exhibited too. It's interesting but creepy at the same time. Why? There were about 2 halls filled with memorial tablets only~~~

文学馆 is REALLY BIG. I spent most of my time of the day in the musuem. Since it's a literature museum, there's a variety of books and essays on display. There are many exhibitions going on in the museum too. They range from the aboriginals culture, conservations of historical items and the science behind it and on people like XXX, XXX. I spent half day there and then went to the old street nearby for lunch before heading back to finish my tour in the museum. 
When I went into 赤崁楼, it's already 6pm plus. Over here in Taiwan, the sun sets very early, at around 5.30pm to 6pm, it's already very dark, something like 7pm plus in Singapore. It's a bad choice to visit historic sites at night. It's SO DARK. Although they do have lights installed, it's still not bright enough to see the monument outdoor. Hence, I couldn't get a nice picture of the monument. As for indoor, it's brightly lit and so it's not much of a problem.
I went into an eatery/restaurant near 赤崁楼 for dinner. They serve Tainan delicacies in set meals. They even have mini set meals if customers think that they couldn't finish the standard size ones. Of course, I chose the standard size set meal so that I can get to eat more types of local delicacies. I only spent SGD13 for 8-9 dishes of delicacies. I think it's quite worth it! The food tatse good too. :P
15/12/2013:
I didn't go anywhere that day as the principal gave me VIP tickets for a play at Taiwan Cultural Centre. I cleaned up my room in the morning and did some laundry. Then I head out for a walk nearby before I go to the Anping Old Street for lunch. After lunch, I went back home and set off with my host family for the play which starts at 2.30pm.
The play is by the Tainan Drama Group and accoridng to Maggie, they are very popular. This play, Re/turn is by a famous performer who is the director, playwright and plays a supporting lead in the play. He is DAMM GOOD. He can act and sing VERY WELL.

Dinner for the day is at a hotpot restaurant. It quite special as they serve 花雕鸡 in one hotpot and 猪大骨 in another hotpot. So in the set meal for 4, it consists of 2 hotpot. I think it's pretty worth it. The marrow in the 大骨 can also be sucked out by using the straws and gloves they provide you. I had one 大骨 all to myself. The bone marrow tastes weird though. I think it's a bit disgusting, I don't really like it, one time is enough. x.x

No comments:

Post a Comment