Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Time to say goodbye

Now then I realized why yingjie cried on the day when we are leaving school for self-study for O levels. I really understand now. She told me that time that she don't like changes that's why she cried. But I think is more than that. Just that she didn't say? I cannot be so sure about it too.

28/06/2011 was my second last day at Bunalun. I was quite happy as I am going to be free from my 'godma' and going for taiwan in one day time. Nothing much at work, peaceful too. When I was about to make a drink for myself, I went to ask the chef, Chern yu if he wants a drink too. He said yes, though 'godma' made him chai latte in the morning, giving me the -.- look. And he added, he wants cappuccino and this will be the last coffee that I will be making for him. I immediately replied saying that I am still working the next day. But he reminded me that he is not working, it's his off day. Now then I realized, it's true, my last cup of coffee for him.

After work, I went down to Wheelock place to meet evelyn, michelle, jayden (michelle's nephew) and shunyu for dinner at Skinny Pizza. It's a farewell dinner. The pizzas there are really special and unique, all sorts of flavours which I never see before and never thought of having that on a pizza. The crust for the pizza is really thin, no wonder is called the Skinny Pizza. We had two pizzas, the english type and a mutton curry one. Jayden don't like pizzas, so he had fish and chips. For sides, we had sausages and squid ink risotto. For desserts, we had a chocolate cake and banana cake. The desserts are DAMM GOOD. I LOVE THE CHOCOLATE CAKE. The chocolate cake still got chocolate at the side, furthermore is being warmed up, so you can imagine, warm chocolate cake with chocolate......feels so good when swallowing that down. The banana cake is quite special too, still got salty popcorns inside and by the side to go with it. LOVE PASTRIES! Thank you evelyn and michelle for the meal! Oh, not forgetting the farewell present I got from michelle.

I went home by train with michelle and jayden. They alighted at Ang Mo Kio and we bade farewell. I gave michelle and pat on the shoulder and thanked her for the meal and the present. She gave me a pat on the head. They alighted and still bade farewell outside the carriage through the window. At that moment, seeing them waving their hands, I realized that fact that, it's my last time seeing michelle. I won't be working with her anymore and not be able to see her anymore everyday. She sort of just disappearing from my life though we can still meet up. But, it's just different.

On the way back home, memories I had in Bunalun this half a year started to appear in my mind. Everything just keep flowing. From christmas, when nick and grady are still at bunalun, while I'm still learning how to make a good cup of coffee, till nick and grady leave bunalun, 'godma' being nasty to me, michelle being closer to me after so many dinners we had after work, caterings which some required me to stay back to prepare, cleaning up of the office which is a horror, chern yu came in as chef then follow by andy, having staff meal together, learn how to make orders from suppliers, having fun and relaxing time at work with michelle when 'godma' is not around, almost having yuting to come in as new staff, having my 19th birthday with michelle and wan and the list goes on. All the good and bad times both appear in my mind, one after another. Now, I truly realized that it's really ending. My job at Bunalun will end today (29/06/2011).

Later when I start work at 11am, it will be my last time stepping into Bunalun as a staff, last time punching my card for attendance, last time making coffee using such coffee machine, last time to clean the shop, last time to do closing and last time to lock the door. I realized this because of chern yu saying last time making coffee for him. It's really the last time. I really will miss my days in Bunalun, though there are bad days, but they are part and parcel of my life there. I will also miss my colleague at Bunalun. The people there really took care of me. When I need help the most, they are most willing to help me. Like chefs coming out to serve the food when I cannot cope due to the crowd as I am the only one at the shop. Chefs helped to me to clear the plates away when I am busy serving other customers. Michelle and chefs will help me buy lunch if I cannot go out to eat because I'm stuck at the shop. Evelyn gave me food when my 'godma' didn't have time to come down and look after the shop to release me for break. Evelyn and chern yu helped me clear plates when I am busy with work. Andy even came out to look after the shop for me so that I can finish my lunch. He is also observant enough to place the food in such a way that I prefer when taking food from the small window. And of course, not forgetting, Michelle, the best supervisor, best shifu, best friend and best sister. She is the one who taught me whatever she knows and make my learning at Bunalun to be a fun and fruitful one. I gain a lot of knowledge on food, people, service and life skills that are useful for my life in the future. My working experience at Bunalun really exposed me to a lot of things which I never come across before. I am glad that I have a chance to work in Bunalun and learn from michelle. Though my 'godma' is someone whom I never want to meet or work with at work, but she is the one who show me how bad a human character can be. She is the worst person whom I ever met in my 19 years of life. And because of my encounter on such person, I suppose I will be able to handle people with similar character like her in the future as I am sure there will be a black sheep in most company.

Now that I am leaving, I really can't bear it. All this will come to an end and I will start a new life when university starts. I will miss michelle the most. She is the one who let me know how it is to be dote by a big sister. I am the eldest in the family, so normally it's me who will take care of my siblings. I never get the chance to be taken care of by a big sister or big brother. I am not very close with those cousins who are older than me, in fact, I am closer to those cousins who are younger than me. This explains why. But this is no longer valid until I met michelle. She is like a big sister, always taking care of shunyu and I, help us when we need help and most importantly, is from her heart. She really treat us as if we are her real younger sisters. She is the first stranger whom I met who took care of me so well. I'm glad that I met her in my life. Now that I'm leaving, I really feel sad and thus like what yingjie did when we are leaving school for O levels. Hence, I truly understand why yingjie cried that day. It's like leaving someone so close to us, how can I not be sad? I know it's just a phone call away, but still, it's different. Someone whom I see almost everyday will now not appear in my life that often.

I'm having mixed emotions. You may think I am exaggerating but that's really how I feel now. You will be like me when it's your turn. Like how I understand now why yingjie cried that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment