Monday, June 6, 2011

FOOD!

04/06/2011:
I knocked off at 6pm that day but since I have nothing to do thus accompanied michelle till closing and we had dinner together. We didn't know what to eat and chose the Korean BBQ restaurant at Holland Village. We had the bbq set for 2, quite expensive though, it's about $90 plus altogether after service charge and GST. The food there is nice, special for me as I never had traditional korean food before.

This is before we start eating, need to wait for the charcoal to start burning. So we had appetizers  while waiting. See that basket of veggie? It's for us to wrap the bbq meat, taste nice together. 
One of the appetizers, pancake. One is spicy and one is not.
The pork and chicken that we ordered for bbq. Beside it is the sweet potato noodle, not bad too.
Charcoal is finally burning, can start to BBQ! See, there's really a lot of side dishes. Korean tradition.....
Special sauce starting from far left: Sour and spicy chilli mix, i forgot the taste of the taste of this and salt with sesame oil
BBQ the first meat, done by the staff there.
My rice and the special korean barley tea. The taste of the tea is very light, if it is thicker it will taste better.
I forgot to take the photo of the stew that is included in the bbq set. We had the kimchi stew which michelle didn't eat much as it is spicy. I didn't know kimchi are spicy as the kimchi I had are not spicy at all. But the stew is realy very nice, thick and spicy, love it! It goes very well with the rice. I like the kimchi here too, way better than those served in food court. I hope one day I will be able to eat kimchi from korea or even in korea. There is also dessert for the bbq set.....but is disappointing, they served watermelon. =.= But at least their watermelons are heart-shapes. Haha. Overall I like the food there, but is expensive. Furthermore as you can see in the picture, the amount of meat given for 2 people are not much too.

05/06/2011:
Went to the photo shoot for qinning's blogshop today. Before heading for the photo shoot qinning and thitipat had dinner at the food court in bugis junction. I joined them later as I had a late lunch thus bought happy lemon instead. After being in love with Matcha with adzuki beans, I decided to try the mousse spin too but the with the Lemon Yakult flavour. It taste so normal! As if drinking ice blended original yakult flavour, didnt really taste any lemon in it. Hais, but it's filling, since I didn't have any dinner.


We went to the candle boutique for the photo shoot. It was really a new experience for me. The photographer is esther and the model is joan. Thitipat and I are the helper of the day, help qinning whatever we can. It was really new for me as I never been to a studio for a photo shoot. I learnt some new things too like the camera is actually connected to the big lamps through this remote thing that is attached to the camera. I hope the photos will turn out well and all the best to qinning's blogshop. She is launching her first collection soon. I will post her blog link here when she launch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment