Sunday, August 24, 2014

1st week of work

My very first TGIF...it was G-R-E-A-T!!!

I've never felt so happy for TGIF before. I can really feel the freedom I get on weekend. Unlike when I was still studying, the weekend was nothing but some more time for me to catch up my school work. Now, weekend is for me to to catch up on my sleep and to fully relax myself from work. I can really feel the difference. 

First week of work.....was mentally tiring. Why? It's because I still cannot get use to waking up at 6am plus in the morning and work all the way till 6pm in the evening at night with just lunch break. I know I can have tea break but I'm still not quite comfortable with the people in my office since I'm still quite new there. Anyway, there wasn't much applications to process either. Hence, on the 4th and 5th day of work, I didn't do a lot of work. 1st and 2nd was training for me and real work started on the 3rd day of work. 

Currently, I'm still working on what types of applications to approve/reject/set as incomplete as there are just too many scenarios to take into consideration. I ask my team leaders questions whenever I'm in doubt but I will feel kinda embarrassed as I will interrupt them with their work. I hope as time passed by, I will be able to work more independently and know what to do and what not to do. I quite lucky as my team leaders seem to be quite open to us asking them questions and are really willing to help us out. Not only does it applies to my team leaders, my colleagues are quite friendly too. I hope that I can become closer to them soon. Like able to chat and joke with them comfortably. I don't want them to have this impression on me that I'm super quiet, cold and etc.....and hence won't want to talk to me. :( 

Jiayou Shihui, you gotta be the first to talk to them in order to not have them to have such an impression on you. JIAYOU! You can do it. Let's change for the better.

Most importantly, keep in mind that you must have a positive mindset to deal with anything in life. That will be half the job done already. Positive mindset is the way to go! JIAYOU! 

No comments:

Post a Comment