Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Treatment for my Teeth begins.....

The day before yesterday i went to Jurong Medical Centre-opposite Jurong point-for my dental appointment. It's my first appointment for braces. The dentist told me that i have to remove 6 teeth. Normally is 4 right? 2 top and 2 bottom. But because i still have 2 baby teeth, so for my case, 6 in total.

Then, i had the mould for my teeth done. She put a mint flavour gel-like substance onto a mould then put it onto my teeth and applied pressure to get the mould. The correct term is: teeth impression. She also warned me not to swallow anything when she's doing that, so i supposed the gel-like stuff is inedible. I was really cautious not to swallow my saliva, so scared that i will eat the gel-like substance.

After that, i had x-ray. The machines they used are quite cool. One of the machines has some sort of scanner that will go around my head (to have a 360 degree view of my teeth?) and the other one have a tube which i have to bite on (to take a photo of my mouth?). It's quite interesting actually. I still need to wear a heavy vest while i'm in the room.

Total amount spent on the 1st appointment: $101.95

Next appointment is on the 4th of April. I will have 4 of my teeth removed on that day. Hope i can choose which to remove. Among the 6 teeth, i'm most worried about is the 2 baby teeth. This is because they are located at the front, so if they were to remove that first, then i will be a 'bo gay' for 2 weeks as they will only put the braces 2 weeks from the second appointment. Please let me choose. But even if i were to remove them the last, i will still have to be 'bo gay' for 1 week. How am i suppose to talk, work (which requires me to talk and smile?) within that 1 week? Cover my mouth? My hand will be quite busy....=.=

Really excited about the braces! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment